Wednesday, December 3, 2008

8 for 8, Times 2?


I know my deep and abiding love for Michael Phelps is no secret. (If you need convincing, just look at my Sonic commercial a few posts below.) Today I bought my second box of Michael Phelps cornflakes, and I'm hoping Santa leaves another one for me beneath the tree so I can send away for the free poster.

Anyway, this blog isn't really a plug for anything, although it may seem like it after you read the next few sentences. It's just a strange coincidence I wanted to philosophize about for a few sentences. Michael obviously made history when he (and his teammates in some cases) won eight gold medals in Beijing this summer. Before every race he listened to the musical stylings of Lil' Wayne. Now this musical inspiration has a chance to make an eight-win sweep of his own, having just been nominated for eight Grammys. Honestly, I don't listen to Lil' Wayne, and I don't care if he wins all or nothing, but maybe the Chinese are right about eight having some mystical powers. Maybe if I buy six more boxes of Michael Phelps cornflakes, the man himself will appear outside my apartment. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Aaahhh...the one and only Michael Phelps. You know someone has achieved greatness when they show up on a Cornflakes box. Maybe after the Grammy's Lil' Wayne will get his own box, too. WORD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if anyone cares to notice, this is my 8th official post to my blog. Magic.

    ReplyDelete