Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Hottest Names, or, A Lazy Friday Night

Last Friday, my friend Erin and I, just sitting around chatting, had the conversation that led to this list. I started by saying I hadn't been to the school library much lately, so I'd broken up with it. She then said, "Oh, you're dating Jesse, now?" (The humanities building where we attend most of our classes and work is named after a guy named Jesse.) I conceded that. Then, out of nowhere, Erin drops the sentence that will captivate our conversation for the next hour and a half: "Jesse's a really hot name."

So, in case anyone wants to know, here they are. The names both Erin and I thought were hot. Note that Jesse didn't make the list.

9. Derek
8. Max
7. Charlie
6. Sam
5. Jeff
4. Ben
3. Will
2. Jack
1. Eddie

And, just because I want to, I'm posting a picture of the hottest Eddie known to woman. He almost has the power to take over Cary Grant's throne. As you can see, he knows the power of a clean haircut and a sharp suit. Not to mention the sunglasses. Watch out, Horatio Caine. Enjoy. I know I do.

6 comments:

  1. Jesse is a hot name. More specifically Jess, as in Jess from Gilmore Girls, as in the best boyfriend Rory ever had. I'm sad it didn't make the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes. That is one good lookin Eddie.

    However, I think that the name Jake, Xalyn, and Dan need to be in there somewhere. That is just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We considered both Dan and Jake. The results: Dan, too common. I've known too many Dans of varying personalities to have it stand out as a definitively hot name. And Jake is a hot cowboy name, but cowboys are not hot all the time. It was really close. Really close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep thinking that Eddie is not a hot name. We already had a conversation about this, but I just wanted to make sure you remember it.=P

    ReplyDelete
  5. what do you mean, cowboys are not hot all the time? of course they are hot all the time...riding bulls, chasing cattle, roping those little doggies...it makes them very hot and SWEATY, whether they are named Jake or Maverick or Patrick Wayne. Top ten names for me would also include Eddie, Declan, Finn, Flynn, and Roper...a perfect name for a cowboy...hot or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with 7,6,4,2. I also love 8 but I can't say that I consider it "hot." Number 4 I'll always like even though a 4 broke my heart once. Number 6 I'll always like even though my in-laws gave that name to their dog, a dog that smells bad. And that Eddie is definitely eye candy. And charming.

    ReplyDelete