Sunday, July 10, 2011

Implode and Explode

I love the TV show Ed. It wasn't on for very many seasons, but it had that zany hometown rom-com feel that I have loved in other shows like Gilmore Girls. There's a bowling alley with crazy employees, some funny high school students, and the drama and awesomeness of Ed Stevens chasing his former love Carol Vessey.

Carol Vessey had a best friend named Molly, who was a teacher and later became the high school principal. Molly is great: she's funny, she's there when you need her, she's the perfect best friend. She also is seldom the subject of her own romantic plotline (which may add to her ability to be the perfect best friend, because unlike the ever-popular Carol, you are never jealous of Molly's love life).

But once upon a time in Stuckeyville, Molly started dating a guy. And he really liked her. And she was starting to like him. And then she met another guy. And she really liked him. And he was starting to like her. So she decided she wanted to get more serious with guy number two and drop guy number one. But guy number two didn't want that, and then guy number one just felt bad.

And Molly told Carol, "I think my love life simultaneously imploded and exploded."

Which is what just happened to me. I was on-and-off dating one guy, went on a date with a different guy, and thought I liked one more than the other. But now one has moved across the country and the other has stopped making contact.

I think my love life simultaneously imploded and exploded.

So now I'm back to normal.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new look for the blog. Very apropo. Almost psychadelic in a literary way. It makes my eyes feel like they are imploding and exploding, only in a good way!

    ReplyDelete