Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tennis Court Me

Blogs are a good place for random dreams, right? Especially random dreams involving professional tennis players. So here goes. The dream that almost made me late for work this morning.

In the dream, I was apparently a professional tennis player myself, and I think I specialized in mixed doubles. (Which makes A LOT of sense.) Anyway, my doubles partner was none other than my tennis love, John Isner (who, coincidentally, broke into the top ten recently after an epic run at Indian Wells). Our match was taking place in the foyer of a house. I vaguely remember that we were playing Novak Djokovic, and I was struggling a bit against him (which also makes a lot of sense, considering that he's Novak Djokovic). No worries, though. John hit a wicked ace to seal the match. At which point I couldn't contain my joy and jumped on his back in celebration. As the euphoria subsided, I descended from this piggy-back ride and he gently took my hand.

Sigh.

But then, out of nowhere, this platinum blonde woman, who I knew instinctively in the dream as a tennis official of some sort, came up to us and told us that it is against the regulations for team members to date. John wanted to rebel and be in love anyway, but I released his hand so we could talk about it. This led to a big misunderstanding, and I ended up walking away hurt.

I must have gone to my thinking place, which turned out to be the hammock of a jungle gym shaped like a pirate ship which was on top of this tennis-house. But I couldn't even rest there because as soon as I got settled, actual pirates started to cut the ropes holding my hammock up. I'm fairly certain I woke up the instant the hammock toppled over and dropped me.

Effectively ending my relationship with John Isner. But maybe I'll get lucky. Maybe he'll come courting again tonight. I did have that series of dreams in eighth grade that Matt Damon was stalking me. This can't be that different.

2 comments:

  1. I see this blog as the beginning to a whole new line of greeting cards. Sports related greeting cards, that is. Just the title of this blog makes a great card. So get cracking, sista,and make. it. happen.

    ReplyDelete