Thursday, September 18, 2008

Adventures in Writing

I just started a new job at my university writing center. It's strange how liberating it feels to talk one-on-one with your peers in a semi-professional atmosphere. Especially male peers. This week alone I've helped a pre-med student with some of his 31 application essays, met a member of the men's rugby team, and discussed the satirical ethics of Michael Phelps' genetically gifted body. Yes ladies, I got paid to talk about Michael Phelps with a guy. Talk about job perks. And those are just clients.

Our writing center also has one or two eligible tutors who I interact with for hours at a time. For the first time in my college career, I'm feeling seriously attractive on a daily basis. One of my co-workers (a girl) even told me today that I resemble a sexy librarian. Finally, I've been recognized for my resemblance to Marion the Librarian from River City, Iowa. But now that I'm having those tentative feelings of "should I or shouldn't I?" with co-workers, I'm starting to
discover new questions about co-ed dating. What if he's already got a girlfriend? What if I'm wrong, and I'm reading his cues wrong? What if I asked him out? Well, world, what if?

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT! And as for the question about 'should I or shouldn't I?' I've got four words:
    RED BULL GONE BAD! Maybe you ask someone first before proceeding with caution...in other words, walk, don't run! P.S. Since you are such a sexy librarian...maybe you should think about adding photos in the near future...you are, after all, 'writing center eye candy!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a job...the endless possibilities. And by that, of course, I mean for all the writing and personal growth. Not all the boys. Should you? Just make him wonder about your availability instead of you wondering about him. You can do some off-duty re-con to gather that necessary info before proceeding with caution;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has anyone tried any librarian tricks on you, like dropping 6 steelys, 8 aggies, and 1 big glassy with an American flag in the middle? Just make sure that you pay attention to the song, even if there isn't any moonlight. :)

    ReplyDelete