Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas on TV: This should be a movie...

You may have seen this already. But even if you have, you should watch it again.


Are you like me, wishing this actually were a movie? If you read my blog, I'm betting you do.

I think the first commenter below the video says it best:
I was so freaking excited for this movie. I thought "OMG there's hope for me."
And then BAM
freaking. sears. commercial.
But, aside from the female lead's over-abbreviated vocabulary, this should be a movie. His name is Eddie. Which is a hot name, if you remember what I mean. And maybe minus the cheesy saying, "Those who wish to sing always find a song."

And yet, there's some truth to that saying. At least there is if you spin it to say, "Those who wish to write Christmas movies for television always come up with new plots." Here are a few I brainstormed this morning (some with my mother's help), hereby copyrighted for future production by me.

Christmas in the E.R.: A mockumentary about "the most dangerous day of the year" and the doctors and nurses who work it. First, Siamese twin brothers break their shared leg trying to use their new sled. Then, a grandma gets run over by her son's minivan, decked out like a reindeer for the holiday season. Later, a boy shoots his eye out after receiving a Red Ryder BB gun. And so the holiday goes. Prepare yourself for the most painful Christmas movie since Home Alone 2.

Watch out, Grandma!

The Christmas Sweater: An ugly but lucky Christmas sweater grants the wishes of its five different wearers: a single mom attending her office holiday party, a heartless executive forced to spend Christmas at home, a poor but deserving bride-to-be planning her nuptials for New Year's Eve, a nerdy and kindhearted mail carrier who always spends Christmas Eve alone, and an Australian web designer enjoying his first Christmas in wintertime. Possibly starring Matt Damon.

I'm Matt Damon, and I approve this movie.

Ice, Ice Baby: A standoffish graphic designer, best known in her field for her innovative wrapping paper patterns, meets a professional hockey player while volunteering at a mall gift wrapping station. Sparks fly as she teaches him to wrap elegantly and he teaches her to skate swiftly, but when his hockey schedule interferes with their budding romance, will she view his smooth moves as thin ice for a relationship or allow him to score a hat-trick with her heart? (Alternative title: Wrap Up My Heart)

We're a real couple, and we're adorable.
And these are our real engagement photos.

Hot Cocoa: A hot chocolate company holds a contest to find the nation's best homemade hot cocoa, and two of the company's top executives (who happen to hate each other) travel to meet the finalists and select a winner. Soon, the heat between them originates in more than the steamy liquids they drink, and their once frozen hearts are beginning to warm to the idea of romance again. 

A cupful of hot, strong love

3 comments:

  1. My vote goes to Hot Cocoa. lol also I died laughing just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SOOO wish that the commercial were actually a movie. Seriously, I wish it SOOO badly. I vote for Ice, Ice Baby, partly because I like those pictures so much--it would be a seriously magical movie. My second vote would go for The Christmas Sweater, as long as Matt Damon stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your mother are brilliant. I want to see all of these should-be movies!!

    ReplyDelete