Monday, March 2, 2009

Hair Idol

Curly hair has been a major life lesson for me. I tried to avoid it for years, accepted it at fifteen, and honestly I've never looked back. However, that doesn't mean I'm always totally satisfied with my curly locks. In a dream world my hair would always resemble that of two amazing curlyheads. First, Melina Kanakaredes of Providence and now CSI: NY. (I'll admit, I don't just watch CSI: NY for her hair. Two words: Eddie Cahill. One more: Miracle.) Flawless and seemingly effortless.
Second, the lovely songstress Leona Lewis. Not only is she gorgeous and British, but her hair looks great even when it's supposed to look messy. What's your secret ladies? (I also recommend Leona's cd Spirit, full of danceable tunes and soulful expressions. Check it out.)

3 comments:

  1. Hey, there, Delilah, I saw your hair just look like Leona Lewis' once...it just took you hours to do it! By the way, you looked ravishingly lovely on Sunday, but I was too busy mourning with those who mourn to compliment you! Thanks for the new post. I need a regular fix of these until the day I drop you off at the MTC. I don't think missionaries are allowed to blog! BTW, like the new profile pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a curly hair girl myself I feel your pain. Heck I had perms to get that perfect ringlet curls. Ugh...those were nightmare days. You do have to accept. Trying to get a 10 year old to accept it too. If you find out the secret let me know. One tip....only use conditioner. Yep you heard right. Shampoo dries it out. Been the best thing I could have done.

    So when do you turn in your papers or have you? do you have a call yet?

    your former curly headed neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, friend. I'm kind of jealous of curly hair, but I have to admit, straight hair is easy to deal with. We always want what we don't have, I guess.

    ReplyDelete