Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Last Word in Cereal

Today, I heard a slightly happy twist to the not-so-happy story of champion/misdirected youth Michael Phelps. Kellog dropped his sponsorship after news of his marijuana use hit the press, but apparently they donated all remaining boxes of Cornflakes with his picture to the Los Angeles food bank. Now, those without cereal can eat the breakfast of champions. Even if its a fallen champion. I still have one box left, the two inches of cornflakes I couldn't bring myself to eat after consuming two and a half full boxes singlehandedly.

Another optimistic development: this controversy brings out some good word witticisms. I've seen the events described as "Snap, Crackle, Flop."

Also, my seven foot poster of Michael performing his flawless butterfly stroke has arrived. But I've yet to find a wall space big enough for it in my apartment.

2 comments:

  1. Put the poster on your ceiling above your bed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. put the poster on the floor next to your bed. then every time you get out of bed you will step on your ex-boyfriend's pothead face! serves him right for not 'just saying NO!'

    p.s. can you see something wrong with this paragraph? If so, you must be a professional EDITOR~

    ReplyDelete