Friday, March 13, 2009

Published!

It's official: Today I became a published editor. I volunteered on a student journal at my university last semester, and now the journals are out and my name is in print. I must say, it's a new and exciting feeling, and one that I could get accustomed to. You might say, "It almost makes my career begin."

Of course, this happy circumstance comes at the same moment that I rediscover the drive for my true passion: writing. Yesterday, I went to a children's book conference at a neighboring university, and spent the day meeting with authors, editors, librarians, and teachers--all the pantheons of the children's book world. One of the best days ever. Now those ideas for novels that I've been carrying around for years are starting to surface. Even now, as I type this, my fingers are itching to release what's really inside them: a good story. Or at least a story I think is good. I'll let you know when you can find out for yourself. It shouldn't be too long now. My fingers can't contain it much longer.

2 comments:

  1. ditto that. Some of my professors encouraged me to enter writing contests and such but I always chickened out. I've always regretted it. Real Simple Magazine did publish a couple of my comments though and fact checked a story I submitted for one of their pieces. It never actually got published.

    ReplyDelete