Thursday, March 5, 2009

When the moon hits your eye...

I love Dean Martin. Love. Which is why its so perfect that he has a new album coming out (despite being dead) entitled "Amore." No joke. I just found this out through his fan page on Facebook. I was thinking it would have all the songs I already own from him, and it does have a few, but many I've never heard of. I know I'm going to check it out. I'll let you know. I can already recommend "I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face," Dean's version of the song from My Fair Lady. Let's just say Rex Harrison has nothing on Dino. When Dean sings it, it's actually romantic. I sigh when I think of him giving up his arrogance, all because a woman is simple yet unforgettable. Which is what the song is. Especially if you find the version with Chris Botti accompanying him on the trumpet. Pure magic. You can find the video on YouTube if you don't want to shell out $15 for the CD, or spend 99 cents buying the song on iTunes. See the album, "Forever Cool." Because that's what Dean is. As Grace describes him in Return to Me, "Best Male Singer--Dead."

2 comments:

  1. Well, you can now have something to look forward to. Powder Your Face with Sunshine (the Dean song on my i-pod RIGHT NOW) and get ready to rock-n-roll with RYdell HIgh. One question: why is it embarassing that I am going to be a mom of a missionary? Or that you are going to be a missionary? Or just that you can't remember how to spell embarrasing? (WORD: me, neither!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dean Martin! :D
    And congrats on being a future missionary! That is way neat!

    ReplyDelete